We are a supplier of Bath Stone from our sister company the Bath Stone Group at the Stoke Hill Mine, near Bath. This beautiful, hardwearing limestone has been quarried there since the mid-15th Century and is the premier Bath Stone for restoration and new build projects alike.
Our Bath Stone can be supplied as sawn, split and tumbled.
Two types of our beautiful Bath Stone are available: the Top Bed Bath Stone and Base Bed Bath Stone.
Top Bed Bath Stone
This is a consistent, finely grained limestone which is pale cream or buff in colour, mellowing to the light honey colour infamous of Bath Stone. With Top Bed Bath Stone block reaching up to 1600mm in height, there are a wealth of design opportunities for developers, masons and sculptors. Top Bed is also the ideal Bath Stone for ashlar walling, carving and fireplaces.
Base Bed Bath Stone
This is a hardwearing grained limestone which is light buff/grey in colour with small intermittent shell deposits. Due to its excellent durability and quality, Base Bed Bath Stone is perfect for weathering and exposed areas such as string courses, cornices and coping stones.
Take a look at our Bath Stone block measurements:
Bath Stone Top Bed Block Dimensions
Bed height: 800mm – 1200mm
Block length: 3500mm
Block width: 800mm – 1000mm
Bath Stone Base Bed Block Dimensions
Bed height: 550mm – 750mm
Block length: 3500mm
Block width: 850mm – 1100mm
Our Bath Stone is independently tested to the latest European and British Standards by BRE Global, an independent, international certification body, giving you the confidence that our Bath Stone block will stand the test of time.
Top Bed Stoke Ground Bath Stone
- Density as defined by BS EN 1936:2006: 2010 Kgm³
- Porosity % by volume as defined by BS EN 1936:2006: 25.8%
- Compressive strength as defined by BS EN 772-1:2011: 16.5 MPa
- Flexural strength as defined by BS EN 12372: 2006: 3.3 MPa
- Water absorption % by mass as defined by BS EN 13755:2008: 11.1%
- Thermal conductivity as defined by BS EN 12524:2000: 1.50 Kgm³
- Saturation Coefficient: 0.83
Base Bed Stoke Ground Bath Stone
- Density as defined by BS EN 1936:2006: 2120 Kgm³
- Porosity % by volume as defined by BS EN 1936:2006: 22.0%
- Compressive strength as defined by BS EN 772-1:2011: 22.9 MPa
- Flexural strength as defined by BS EN 12372: 2006: 4.3 MPa
- Water absorption % by mass as defined by BS EN 13755:2008: 9.0%
- Thermal conductivity as defined by BS EN 12524:2000: 1.70 Kgm³
- Saturation Coefficient: 0.73
All declarations and relevant certificates are supplied as standard with each order placed, ensuring traceability and a clear provenance for your stone.